Saturday 6 August 2016

(29) Manas and Samkalpa enter



(Enter ‘Manas/Mind’ and ‘Samkalpa/conceiving ability’)

MANAH- (with tears)
“Ha my sons! Where have you all gone? Give me the pleasure of seeing you!
Hey Hey my children Raaga (Attachment), Dvesha (Hatred), Mada (Arrogance) and Maatsarya (Jealousy), embrace me!
My limbs are collapsing! Ha! Why is no one responding to this old orphan?
Where are my daughters, Asooya (Envy) and others? Where are my daughters-in-law, Aashaa (desire), Trishnaa (thirst for sense pleasures), Himsaa (Violence) and others?
How is it that all those who belonged to this unfortunate person were taken away by that cruel destiny, all at once?

विसर्पति विषाग्निवद्दति शर्म मर्माविधस्तनोति भृशवेदनाः कषति सर्वकार्श्यं वपुः
विलुम्पति विवेकितां हृदि च मोहमुन्मीलयत्यहो ग्रसति जीवितं प्रसभमेव शोकज्वरः [12]

This fever of distress is -
spreading all over like the poisonous fire;
burning away the peace;
increasing the pain piercing the vital parts;
tormenting and thinning out my body in every possible manner;
breaking up the courage;
 filling the heart with confusion!
Alas! this fever of distress is destroying my whole life!”

(faints and falls down)

SAMKALPA- (with tears)
“Console yourself King! Console yourself!”

{Purusha now has no more vices in his heart and his inclination towards worldly life is completely gone.}

MANAH- (wakes up)
“How is it that even Devi Pravritti (inclination towards the worldly life), is not there to console me now?”

SAMKALPA- (with tears)
“Lord! Where is that Pravritti any more! Her heart was set on fire when she heard about the destruction of her family members, and she died of a broken heart!”

MANAH-
“Ha my love! Where are you? Answer me!
Devi,

स्वप्नेsपि देवि रमसे न विना मया त्वं
स्वापे त्वया विरहितो मृतवद्भवामि
दूरीकृतासि विधिदुर्ललितैस्तथापि
जीवत्यवेहि मन इत्यसवो दुरन्ताः [13]

Even in dream you do not feel happy without me.
If I sleep without you, I will be like dead.
By the play of the cruel fate you have left me and gone.
This mind is still alive and I know that lives are not easy to give up!”

{The inclination towards worldly life (Pravritti) alone expresses as dreams when Purusha is asleep. If dreams are not there, one is almost in a paralyzed body-state absorbed in deep sleep with un-dead but unmanifest Vaasanaas. Now in the Turyaa state, where all Vaasanaas are dead, mind is slowly disappearing. In other words thoughts arise no more and Purusha is contemplating on the Self.}

(‘Manas’ again faints and falls down)

SAMKALPA- (with tears)
“Console yourself King! Console yourself!”

MANAH- (wakes up)
“Enough of living any more! Samkalpa, make a fire. I will destroy the fire of distress by entering the fire.”

{In the JeevanMukti state the Purusha needs a slight trace of the mind to act in the world. So before the mind is completely destroyed in contemplation, Sarasvati – Knowledge appears and instructs the mind. }


No comments:

Post a Comment